Frequently Asked Questions:
- Social Activities
- We encourage all students who join Spanish club to participate as often as they can in these social gatherings. Each gathering promotes Spanish-speaking culture and celebrates the discovery of the Spanish language.
- Service Projects
- The Spanish Club conducts several service projects where students either contribute time, materials, and/or effort to benefit our school and community. All members of the club are expected to participate in all service activities.
- Eligibility to join Spanish Club (Requirements, Dues, and Permission Slips)
- Only students who are currently enrolled in a Spanish class at Cy-Fair High School or have previously taken a Spanish course at Cy-Fair High School are eligible to join Spanish Club.
- All students must turn in a permission slip and pay their annual dues to be eligible for Spanish Club.
- How to become an officer of Spanish Club
- Requirements: To be a Spanish Club officer, the candidate must have been an active member of Spanish Club in the previous school year, must be currently enrolled in a Spanish course at Cy-Fair High School, must maintain a minimum of a "C" grade average in all classes and a minimum "B" grade average with a minimum "S" grade in conduct or higher in their current Spanish course.
- Special Requirement for President of Spanish Club: To be eligible to become the President of Spanish Club, the student must have served actively as an officer the year prior to becoming the Spanish Club President in addition to the other requirements mentioned here.
- All students who are interested in becoming and officer for the next school year must apply and run for an office during club elections. The Spanish Club sponsor(s) will review the applications for all candidates and students with approved applications will have the opportunity to run for office.